LED lights

Common problems and solutions
Herminia

LED lights

Postby Herminia » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:34 pm

Has anyone changed to LED lightning inside and outside? The cost of LED bulbs are still quite high in my local boat shop, so I would like to know if somebody know about any good quality/low cost internet supplier in Europe?

Thanks
---
Rune
Grand Soleil 52 "Herminia"
Cruising Spain

streetcar

Re: LED lights

Postby streetcar » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:04 am

I replaced all my interior incandescent light bulbs with LED when we left UK. Not only do you use much less power but the cabin is much cooler on hot days.

I bought them from www.doctorled.com and they are all still going after almost 3 years. Delivery was exactly what they promised. The only bulbs that don't last are the staggered bayonet style bulbs which for some reason keep blowing when the batteries are in charge (up to 28.4 volts).

As for anchor and nav lights, if you switch to LED that is a real game changer on passage.

choel

Postby choel » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:59 am

I'v been looking around and so far what I'v found is a Swedish online shop that's sells a regular G4 socket LED with 6 LEDs about 10W for about 8 euro a piece. But they also have different types. Only problem is the site is only in Swedish. But Rune I guess you understan a bit of Swedish, in that case you can have a look at .

They will ship to other EU countries if you make an order of more than 170 euro.
Joel
Grand Soleil 45 "Serenity"
Currently in Lavrio, Greece

Herminia

Postby Herminia » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:16 pm

Many thanks, I will check both of them out :-)

Normally, LED light gives a very white light. Did you order normal colour or a more yellow colour to try to get a more warm and cosy feeling inside? What is your experience?
---
Rune
Grand Soleil 52 "Herminia"
Cruising Spain

Return to “Technical and Electronics”